Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Best EVER Banana Cake


I know, the title says "cake" and here I am showing a picture of cupcakes. Here's the story:

Several months ago at a family gathering I saw a cute, white frosted cake. No one had yet partaken, and  so I watched closely for someone to take the first slice... not wanting to be overly-eager to dig into this cake I was having good vibes about.

Finally, when I took a bite... mmmm!! I KNEW that this was a recipe I absolutely HAD to track down (just like I did with THIS one).  I've made it several times, and it doesn't disappoint! A few weeks ago, I was assigned to bring a dessert to a dinner party. I was so busy that I handed the recipe over to my husband to make. He did, and holy cow, now he's a celebrity cook among that dinner group! Of course, he got all the recognition :)!

I've had this on my checklist to share here for a while, and finally decided to make the cake recipe into cupcakes. I loved them as cupcakes, but honestly, even more as a cake. The ratio of frosting to cake is PERFECT! As cupcakes, I haven't quite perfected it. So, definitely make it as a cake... your taste buds will party.  Then, try cupcakes later too, if you want.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups bananas, ripe, mashed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/8 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups buttermilk

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 oz package cream cheese)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Garnish:
walnuts, or whoppers

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.

2. Grease and flour a 9X13 pan OR two round pans.

3. In a small bowl, mix mashed bananas with lemon juice, set aside.

4. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

5. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar til light and fluffy.

6. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla

7. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.

8. Stir in banana mixture.

9. Pour  batter into prepared pan, or pans. Bake for 1 hour or until done.

10. Remove from oven and place directly in freezer for 45 minutes (makes the cake very moist).

Make frosting

1. Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.

2. Beat in vanilla (1 tsp)

3. Add powdered sugar. Beat on ow speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.

4. Spread on cooled cake.

5. Garnish  :)

It's DEFINITELY worth making!

XO,
Nancy Pin It

38 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting a lot of interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very interesting information and i really glad to getting this information

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article is very helpful and interesting too. Keep doing this in future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please let me know where you got your design. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its an amazing website, really enjoy your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for information.keep sharing more articles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brief but very accurate info… Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really really love it. It’s so good and so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...