Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hot Dog Boats


 
I am not sure if my mom came up with this recipe from leftover mash potatoes or if she found it in a cookbook.   She called them Hot Dog Boats. The end of the hot dog when baked would curl up making it look like a canoe.  This recipe is so kid friendly that they can help you make it and will be thrilled to eat this. Not exactly the most nutritious but a simple recipe to make.


 
Start by making mash potatoes.
Cut your hot dogs in half but not all the way through (see picture) and place in 9x13 pan.
Scoop mash potatoes on hot dogs.  I used my cookie scoop and it works great.
Cheese on top you can either do shredded or my mom use to cut cheese slices for the top.

 
Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and hot dogs are warm usually 20 - 30 minutes. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...