Thursday, March 27, 2014

5 Quickest, Easiest Dinners



Every mom has her "go to" dinners...The super quick, super easy meals. Meals the majority of the family claims at least one as a  favorite.

These are the most requested, most cooked, and most eaten meals at my house. Funny thing, when we have people over for dinner, my family still requests these dishes- I just "supe them up".

Presenting: The Boyer Family Top 5

5. Loaded Quesadillas 
Image Source

One of my favorite recipes is Cowboy Quesadillas by Our Best Bites. Love it! But, not everyone in family family does. So, I set out several yummy items to put in quesadillas, and then let each person choose what they want in theirs, and put it in a bowl. Then I mix it with cheese, and cook.
Ideas for filling: chopped tomatoes, rice, corn, green onions, black beans, bbq sauce, salsa, cilantro, chicken...

We LOVE dipping the quesadillas in ranch & bbq sauce (equal parts of each)-- if we've used bbq sauce in the filling.


4. Pasta Bar
I wish I had taken this picture! It's by Big Red Kitchen... check out that post HERE
Our family's pasta bars are not usually as beautiful and fancy as the picture above from the Big Red Kitchen, unless we have guests :)! We just love a few different kinds of noodles, toppings and sauce. It can be as simple or as fancy as the cook's energy permits!



3. Million Dollar Meatballs and Rice
I was going to make this a post of it's own, and I will one of these days. You may gag when you find out the ingredients, but EVERYONE wolfs these babies down.
Ingredients: Package of frozen meatballs, jar of grape jelly, jar of chili sauce
This is the best kind of chili sauce, but there are other good brands. Just make sure it's chili SAUCE - not Chili!

Directions: Mix it all in a saucepan and let heat for around 20 minutes. Check occasionally to see if they are done earlier.
Serve with rice and a veggie. Delish!

2. Potato Boats

Image: Taste of Home
My daughter could eat these every day and feel totally satisfied with life. It's basically a potato bar, but my kids like to eat these a very particular way which we must say "potato boats".

I bake potatoes. Let them cool for a few minutes. Cut in half and scrape out the insides. Then add filling of choice - my kids LOVE cottage cheese, ranch, salt and pepper.  Fill the potato skins. Eat.
(Kind of a twice baked potato without baking twice).

1. Crepes
Image source: Cooking Light
This is definitely and 100% the most requested food in my house for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We eat them when the cupboards are bare, or when we have guests. Every single person in my family loves them. Total winner. I'll be posting my recipe in the next little while.

My kids just like a little butter and brown sugar on their crepes.

When we have guests, I serve lots of toppings: strawberries, bananas, pineapple, mandarin oranges, berries, lemons to squeeze, nutella, biscoff, powdered sugar, chocolate, brown sugar, peanut butter, whipping cream.... anything else on hand.

What are your "go to" meals???

XO, Nancy Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...