In honor of the 4th of July, let's test your knowledge of this great nation! I snatched this quiz from riversongs.com. While there isn't a prize for the person with the most right answers, I can award you with the bragging rights of most patriotic! Besides you need something to do while your hot dogs are cooking, right?
1. The Declaration of Independence begins with what words?
2. What document was the legal framework of the United States?
3. Who wrote the words of the Star Spangled Banner?
4. How did the Liberty Bell get its crack?
5. How many stars were on the first United States flag?
6. In what year did Congress recognize the Pledge of Allegiance?
7. Where was the first national capitol located?
8. When is the anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence?
9. What city was the Liberty Bell located in?
10. What is the official anniversary date of Flag Day?
11. Which two patriots died on July 4, 1826?
12. Who was the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence?
13. In July 1776, how many people were living in the colonies?
14. Who shot Abraham Lincoln?
15. Who do historians believe sewed the first official American flag?
16. Flying a flag upside down is a symbol of what?
17. What is the name of the oldest commissioned U.S. naval vessel?
18. Estimated number of Fourth of July cookouts?
19. The first 10 amendments to the Constitution are familiarly known as?
20. Whose signature is largest on the Declaration of Independence?
21. The dollar amount of all U.S. fireworks imported?
22. The population milestone our nation will be closing in on this July 4th?
23. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"?
24. Where did immigrants first set foot in the New World to gain entry?
25. Life, liberty, and _________________________________________?
26. What do the colors red, white, and blue stand for?
27. The signing of the Declaration of Independence took until August 2, 1776?
28. Will Smith starred in this 4th of July movie named?
29. How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776?
30. In what state is the largest city of Independence?
31. How many people annually visit the Liberty Bell?
32. How tall is the Statue of Liberty?
33. What other countries celebrate the 4th Of July?
34. Who wrote the Fourth of July Ode?
35. When the Liberty bell was cast, how much did it weigh?
36. One nation under _____?
37. What year did blockbuster movie Independence Day come out? 38. What New York Yankee threw a No Hitter on July 4, 1983? 39. Name a 4th of July favorite that comes on a bun.
1) When in the course of human events 2) The Constitution 3) Francis Scott Key 4) Acquired on the first ring
5)13 Stars/13 Stripes 6)1942 7) Carpenters Hill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 8) July 4th 1776 9) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10) June 14th 11) John Adams and Thomas Jefferson 12) John Hancock 13) 2.5 million 14) John Wilkes Booth 15)Betsy Ross 16) Distress/Harm befalling you or your property 17) The Constitution 18) 150 million 19) The Bill of Rights 20) John Hancock 21) 211 million 22) 300 million 23) Quote by Thomas Jefferson 24) Ellis Island 25) The Pursuit of Happiness
26) unknown 27) True 28) Independence Day 29) 2 30) Missouri 31) 1.5 million 32) 151 feet 33) Denmark, Norway, Sweden & England 34) James Russell Lowell 35) 2080 pds, 36) God 37) 1996 38) Dave Righetti 39) Hot Dog