Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{Kid Friendly} Mandarin Orange and Chicken Salad


This Mandarin Orange and Chicken Salad definitely wins in my family for a quick, easy, and everyone eats it meal. At first I didn't think my kids would even try it, because it's a salad. However,  I decided to lay it out like Hawaiian Haystacks and let them choose their own toppings. They went crazy over the mandarin oranges, chow mein noodles, and chicken. So what if they didn't eat the green stuff! I'll keep offering, and some day they'll take it, hopefully. At least they happily ate a little from each food group! I totally enjoy this meal!


Ingredients: Amount depends on how many people and how much you have
Romain lettuce
sliced almonds
feta cheese
chow mein noodles
Mandarin oranges from a can, drained and rinsed
cooked chicken cut into pieces
Light Asian dressing-- such as Newman's or Briannnas

Lay out all of the ingredients and let everyone go to town! Serve with rolls and fortune cookies, of course!

Happy eating!
Nancy Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...