Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Favorite Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe is my "go to" recipe for when my sweet tooth gets the best of me! Is there a better combo than mint and chocolate (well maybe tall, dark and handsome)? Anyhow, the secret to this recipe is using quality ingredients. If you are going to indulge than do it the right way!


1 cup butter, softened (don't try to use Crisco or margarine, we are going for the real deal)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
2 tsp. vanilla (Again, use the real stuff not imitation. It really does make a difference.)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup quality chocolate chips (I like Guitard real milk chocolate chips)
1/2 cup crushed Andes mints (you can actually buy them crushed up)

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla, mix well, then add dry ingredients. Mix just until combined (over mixing makes the cookies flat). Fold in chocolate and mints. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet from 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Enjoy,
Lauralee

Linking to: Someday Crafts  Kitchen Meets Girl  Southern Lovely The Best Blog Recipe Pin It

2 comments:

  1. These REALLY are amazing!!! I've snatched these from Lauaralee many times :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Mint and Chocolate!!! Can't wait to try!!! Nancy call me when you are snatching!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...