Friday, May 10, 2013

The Real Rulers of the World... A Tribute




(Feel free to save this quote to your computer and print it)

Mother's Day can definitely be bitter-sweet for those who have lost their mother and for women who wish so badly for children, but have not been able to have them.. Somehow, even with struggles,  Mother's Day can be a peaceful and happy day if we celebrate and remember those who have mothered us... biologically or not.

(For those of you new to our blog, on Fridays, we choose a topic and each of us answer.)

Today we are each giving tribute to our mothers... both those biological and the other "mothers" in our lives:


Nancy:
I lost my mom when I was 16 years old in a car accident, and for years I struggled to keep myself from bitterness and anguish on Mother's Day. Since she has been in Heaven for 20 years now, I have a hard time remembering what it's like to have a mom. As I grow older I like to imagine what it would be like to have an adult relationship with her. She had a smile and dimples that drew people near her, and the teenagers all thought she was the coolest mom ever. I'm sure she still would be, and maybe she blesses and loves my children from above, even though we can't see her.  Thankfully though, I've had wonderful grandmas who truly loved me as much as my own mom... and their love is one of very my greatest treasures.



Jan:
 I am blessed to have an "Angel Mother".  My mom has been watching over me for the last six years from heaven. She was an amazing lady.  She could create things from nothing.  She was very talented.  She had a gift of making others feel loved and accepted no matter their race, color, religion or social status.  She was really sick the last few years of her life and it was a challenge to see how miserable she was.  Even though I miss her like crazy, I am grateful for the sure knowledge that she watches over me and that I will see her again. 

My second mom is my Grandma Hatfield.  She was always there for me.  My mom was gone a lot when I was in young.  I spent many days with my grandma.  She had the gift to always see the good in the world.  She would call us over to her kitchen window and pointing up to the mountains say, "Don't we live in a beautiful world?"  Everyone always left her house knowing they were the favorite grandchild and always feeling happy.


Maren:
 I feel like I have been so blessed when it comes to mothers. My mom Diane was amazing and to prove her mothering super powers she had 15 kids and raised us to love each other with laughter and joy. She passed on when I was two and then helped mother us on the other side. They say lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, but after her death my dad met and married my mom, Sharon. What kind of charity/benevolence/heavenly gifts/temporary insanity it took to marry a man with 15 kids from adults to toddlers is beyond me. But she was just what we needed and is an amazing mother and grandma to 60+ grandkids. I thank God for sending these two marvelous women who taught and loved me so well.


Lauralee:
 I am blessed to have my mom close by. She is within an hours distance. Growing up I always admired the many hats that she wore. She worked full time, held church and community callings, mothered 5 children (which I am sure she felt like there were 15 of us at times), and had time to be an avid runner. As a child I never fully appreciated all that my mom did for me. She taught me to work hard, discover my talents, the value of womanhood and to love. Happy Mother's day, mom!


Please, tell us about your moms... both biological and those other women who "mothered" you.


Linking to:  A Glimpse Inside   A Handful of Everything   Link Love Thursday
Redfly Creations   One Artsy Mama   Family Fun Archives  The Best Blog Recipes
Tidy Mom   Whipperberry   A Peek into My Paradise   Tatertots and Jello   Six Sisters' Stuff  Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Saw your link at a Glimpse Inside. I Love this quote!! It's one of my favorites! Thank you for sharing it! Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amanda! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. My mom is an amazing woman and an inspiration to me. Thanks for the artwork! Pinned this on multiple boards. I think this would be a great fit for Family Fun Friday if you have time and want to link up. :-)
    Monica

    http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Monica! I appreciate that! I joined the party, and thank you for the invite!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post and tribute to your Mother's. They play such an important role in our lives. And really all women are important to each other. We can connect with each other on a different level than men can. They are special and wonderful! Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your worlds :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...