People are always impressed when you serve this. It's so easy to make but takes time for each layer to freeze.
1 individual package graham crackers
1/2 C. melted butter
1/2 gallon Neapolitan ice cream (or your flavor of choice)
1 large or 2 small jars Hershey's fudge
1 container of cool whip
1/2 C. roasted chopped almonds
1 jar maraschino cherries
1. Turn oven to 375, put butter in the bottom of a 13 X 9 pan and melt in oven.
2. Roll the graham crackers into fine crumbs and add to the melted butter. Pat crumbs down in the pan and bake 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. After crust has cooled, slice ice cream on top of crust and freeze. (The easiest way to do this is to open the container completely and cut the ice cream into slices.)
4. When ice cream has frozen,slice bananas onto ice cream surface.
5. Spread fudge sauce over bananas. It may be necessary to warm the fudge sauce to make it the right consistency to spread. Just don't make it too hot or the ice cream will melt and you will have big mess (don't ask me how I know this).
6. Return pan to freezer- until ice cream and sauce is frozen again.
7. Next, spread with cool whip. Sprinkle chopped almonds and garnish with cherries. Put back in freezer until ready to eat.
Make a day or so in advance for convenience and less stress.
Here's the yummy inside...
This is the perfect dessert for the last warm days of the year. Even skip the bananas and use it for an ice cream cake any time of year.