Ingredients:- 2 lbs. boneless pork - 4 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 4 medium granny smith apples - 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 TBS. cooking oil - 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Large onion - 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tsp. curry powder - 1 butternut squash seeded and cubed
- 1 14oz. can chicken broth
- 2 bouillon cubes
1. Cut pork into cubes
2. Peel, core and chop 2 apples and set aside
3. In a 4qt. pan brown the pork in oil, add chopped apples, diced onion and
4. Add broth, cider/juice, bouillon cubes and salt and pepper to large pot
5. Bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer
6. Add chopped carrots and return to boil
7. Reduce heat and stir occasionally (you want the carrots to be soft at this point)
8. Peel, core and chop the remaining apples
9. Add the remaining apples, squash, and the other contents from the pan to the pot and cook until tender
10. Add cinnamon. I like to add more curry at this point too.
11. Garnish with orange zest and sour cream.
Not only does this soup taste savory and sweet, but it makes your home smell the same way!