Monday, January 7, 2013

A Winter Warm Me Up!

Chicken Noodle Soup



I don’t know what the weather is like out your front door. But, over here the temps have been in the single digits for a few weeks. Not only is it bone chilling cold, the flu has struck with a vengeance. So what is more appropriate than a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup and warm rolls with my favorite raspberry butter?

This soup I adapted from the Lion House recipe:

2 tsp. chicken soup base, or 2 bouillon cubes
2 cups canned chicken stock
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup whole milk
2 cups diced chicken
2 ½ ounces cooked noodles
2 tbsp. Dill weed
2 tbsp. Tarragon
1 tbsp. Onion powder

Heat chicken soup base and stock together. Add carrots and celery and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add cream of chicken soup and milk. Add cooked noodles and chicken. Add the dill weed, tarragon and onion powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. 

With your favorite roll recipe, add this Raspberry Butter for your finishing touch:


Raspberry Butter:

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Whip the following ingredients together until smooth. Spread on hot rolls and enjoy!

Enjoy!

-Lauralee





Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Two great soup/stew recipes in a row. Yum. Homemade chicken noodle soup is one of my favorites. The rasberry butter looks divine. I can almost taste it. Wish I had all the ingriedients and I would spread it on my bagel this morning with breakfast. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that raspberry butter looks like heaven Lauralee! I really wish my computer had that scratch n' taste function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauralee shared both the soup and the butter with my family while we were down with the flu. I'm not kidding... this is the best chicken noodle soup I've ever tasted. My kids (who normally think good food is poisonous) gobbled it down. The raspberry butter is so heavenly too (yes Maren, a scratch n' taste function would be extremely useful with this :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite chicken soup recipe ever! I make it all the time and my picky kids love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...