Green isn’t the only trend in home decor you’ll notice in area stores this year. Here are eight design trends that aren’t going away anytime soon:
1. Brass. Yes, it’s back. It’s not the cheap, shiny 1980s brass, but more of an antique gold. How to use it: picture frames, lamps, vases and more.
2. Neutrals. Beige, cream, ivory, black and gray are really in for furniture to paint. Whole rooms are being done in neutrals, which are trendy but timeless.
3. Rustic/industrial. Think coffee tables made from shipping pallets with old iron hardware. It’s Restoration Hardware, pieces made from reclaimed wood (Americana barnwood is even better) and heavy metal. You’ll see plenty of furniture and mirrors with this vibe.
5. Vintage. Finding a cool Midcentury credenza or desk at a flea market or garage sale is big right now. Even better: a home that showcases vintage mixed with modern.
6. Blues. Some design experts thought Pantone would choose navy or a vibrant shade of blue as its color of the year. Frankly, blue is a cool, soothing color in the desert, and it will still make a big appearance in homegoods stores this year.
7. Graphic prints. Chevron is still huge. So are other big geometric prints, including boxy Greek key designs.
8. Wallpaper. This isn’t your grandmother’s floral wallpaper. Today’s wallpaper is often bright and bold and has replaced paint treatments for feature walls. Click Here for our examples of wallpaper!