Monday, January 7, 2013

Bench Stew in 3 Easy Steps

With the temperature being so COLD in our
neck of the woods, this family favorite
warms your tummy and your toes! 

My sister gave me this recipe from a guy that she went to college with. 
She calls it Bench Stew. 
Serve with with rolls or bread and it's a perfect meal to warm your soul!

3 Easy Steps
1.  Cut up Veggies and Meat.
2.  Add 2 cans of Family Size Cream of Mushroom Soup and 1 can of water.
3.  Cook in Crockpot 6-7 hours or until carrots and potatoes are soft.

Seriously, it is that easy.  I like to buy "Stew" meat already cut up and packaged in the meat department but you could buy a roast or steak and cut into cubes as well. I like to put my meat at the bottom of the pot.  I  use one package of bagged baby carrots ( you can cut in half if they are too big), 6 potatoes peeled and cut into chunks, 1 onion peeled and cut into cubes.   Add cream of Mushroom Soup and water.  After soup dissolves ( about two hours) stir stew around. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours. It smells so good and you will be warmed up on a cold night in your neck of the woods too!


Enjoy!
Jan
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a yummy looking pot of stew. I should make that one night soon. I haven't made it in years. It's been so cold that soups/stews is what sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...